Saturday, December 25, 2010

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Minecraft!

Holy shit-nuts!  I've been avoiding this beast for all the right reasons.  Today, however, on this the birth of Jesus Christ...I am given a reason to dive head first into the world of Minecraft!


Painstakingly recreated for our pleasure, Double0Bond creates the Light World from the SNES outting of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past:


This is a full recreation of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past using Minecraft. This replication is to scale and is an accurate portrayal of the original SNES game. The map is 512 x 512 x 104. This project took over 100 hours to complete. As Minecraft releases more blocks and various features, the map will be adjusted to better represent the game.


Further development is planned to support the Dark World as well as each & every dungeon in the game.  Let's all hope he wraps it up before Nintendo steps in with a C&D Order from their lawyers.






Unfortunately that's the only gifts we're given as there is no download available, yet.  I'm guessing Double0 wants to keep this pretty close to home considering it is a near-perfect recreation of Hyrule.  I know I'll be waiting to click that download button the minute its available.


Is anyone else playing Minecraft?  I can't help but love the community inspiration here but I just don't feel I have the time to make it shine.  What are everyone's thoughts on the game, the editor tools, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment